Thu, 09 Dec|
Intro to open water swimming with Salim
Salim taught the 10IW OGs all about open water swimming and he's kindly agreed to share some of his top tips with the 10IW community.
Time & Location
09 Dec 2021, 19:00 – 20:30
About the event
The workshop will cover:
• The basic elements to the best stroke.
• How to adapt your strokt to different conditions, eg sea or lake, wetsuit and non wetsuit.
• Breathing and anxiety in the water
• Swim starts and finishes
• Next steps and training when you have a life and work to juggle.
• Your start point - Newby or veteran?
A bit about Salim:
Salim has been swimming since 1968 and he competed from 71 to 87. He has been teaching since 1983 at Uni, but more seriously since 2000 at; The Mall School, SwimTrek, Becky Addlington Swimstars, and then his own company working with Shepperton Lake and various clubs inclu6 Renegade Tri and Kingfisher Tri. Salim also runs weekend swim and yoga retreats all over GBR and Italia (Como, Capri) and his own club at Hampton (The KitKatSwimKlub).
He is a qualified STA level 2 Instructor, and Level 2 Open Water Coach. He's trained in all major swim methodologies, from TI to SSmooth, Swim Nature, Shaw Method, and Kerrie Anne Payne’s Straight Line .